Monday, December 1, 2014

Favorite Childhood Toys

Memories are flooding back to me as I go back to my childhood and my favorite toys I had.  I loved being a kid and all of my toys, but a few stick out more than others.

Like most girls I loved Barbie.  I had so many dolls, clothes, shoes and accessories.  I was even lucky enough to have a convertible.  I loved being able to dress and create a new story each and every time I got my huge box of Barbies out and now I get to do it all again with my girls.  They're even lucky enough to have a lot of my Barbies that I kept and are surprisingly still in good condition.

LITTLE PEOPLE!!!  I loved the little people back in the day, they were the bomb dot com.  I had the house, the swimming pool and the school.  I wish I still had these today because the little people now are way different and the old ones are worth a pretty penny.  These were my go to toy when I was bored, easy to set up, clean up and hours of fun. 

The Fisher Price kitchen from the 80s.  I had this toy the longest of all my toys.  It was awesome, it had food complete with sponge toast, pots, pans, a fold out table, a chalkboard, a clock you could change the time.  I could keep going on about how cool this was.  Granted the toy kitchens these days are even cooler, but I loved mine and playing pretend was a great thing for me.  

This is the new, clean version of my favorite teddy bear I had.  It glowed in the dark and was so soft and perfect.  I named mine fluffy, and I still have her to this day.  She is dirty and old, and her hat has been sewed on more times than I can count, but she was my buddy, my lovey and she now hangs out in my kids stash of stuffed animals.  I'm just too much of a softy to let it go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment