Sunday, December 14, 2014

Importance of Education

How important do I feel education is?  Well, let me tell you :)  At first when I read this my first thought was that I felt it was very important.  But then, as I started thinking a little more about it, I don't feel as strongly about it being very important in a certain aspect.  Yes, I believe everyone should have an education and go through the required amount of schooling (High School Education) because you really can't do a whole lot without that diploma.  But after that, it's more up to you.  Let me explain my reasoning behind this before I offend anyone.
I know plenty of people of people that have been incredibly successful without an education and only a handful that have gone on to doing whatever they went to school and being successful in that career.  I have some examples of both, so bare with me, because I feel it is important to explain both sides.  
Bryce's sister has been in school as long as I've ever known her until recently.  So about 8 years she was in school to become a nurse.  She stuck with it and graduated and is now doing the job she's always dreamed of and is very successful.  She is happy, and is making something of her education.  I know a man, who I wish not to name at this time, who went to school for years, worked hard, got his degree, and now has nothing to show for that degree.  He isn't even working in anything that his degree was for.  He's not happy and all that education went to waste.  Yes, he did try and wasn't able to be successful in that career choice he wanted.
Now, for those people I know that didn't get an education past high school and deserve this acknowledgement.  My number one man, the love of my life.  He is going to school for plumbing, but that wasn't his first choice in life.  He is doing it because he was successful in being great at plumbing and decided to go to school for it to be able to go further.  He would still be successful and has been.  He's amazing, he's smart and really the schooling he's doing is to get a piece of paper to let him do what he loves.  He isn't learning anything new than what he already knows. 
My amazing mother, she just recently called me and told me that she received her annual raise and she is now making almost as much as someone that has a degree and has worked so hard at their job.  She has no college education, just high school, and she is one of the smartest people I know.  She has started from the very bottom as secretary and is now an incredibly successful worker.  (sorry mom, I don't know your exact job title)  I am so incredibly proud of her and she was so proud of herself for accomplishing this major thing in her life.  The blood, sweat and many tears was all worth it.  
So yes, education is important, but you can still be incredibly successful without it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment