Monday, December 8, 2014

Earliest Memory

I have a lot of early memories from way back in my young days so I'm not sure which one is my earliest so I'll just list a couple and one of them is the earliest :)

I remember as as a child during nap time I would rarely take a nap when my mom would put me down.  I would sit in my room and sneak out of bed and get all of my books and read them under my covers.  If mom would happen to come up, I was already in bed and so it was easy to pretend I was sleeping, but she rarely had to check on me so I just hung out and read, well looked at the pictures.  After I thought it had been long enough I would put the books back, mess up my hair a little to make it look like I had actually slept and head down stairs.  I thought I was so clever.

Another thing I remember is in the mornings I would sit down on the couch with my mom while she put on her makeup and watched the news.  I would snuggle up in my blanket and usually eat some toast while she got ready for work.  I specifically remember one morning taking my piece of bread and breaking it up like it was the sacrament bread and putting it in my blanket and pretending to go around giving it to everyone.  Wow, the things kids come up with huh?

The last one I'll mention is being at my best friend's house while a thunderstorm rolled through.  We were terrified and we sat on her living room floor with her mom reading stories to try and calm us down.

All of these memories are before I was 5 because that's when we moved out of my first house.  I loved that house, it was small, but I was just a small child and I had a pink carebear room.  I have a lot of memories there and when I've driven past it recently it's run down and looks like people have just trashed it.  It makes me sad, I want to buy it and save it, but I'm afraid to see what has happened to the inside.  At least I have my memories of the pretty house it used to be and that's how I should keep it.

No comments:

Post a Comment