Saturday, November 29, 2014

Comfort Food

Day 5, this is one of the easier posts in the challenge for me.  I am a food lover through and through and love all sorts of foods, but the ones I seem to go to in times of need are the following:

Pinoy Food, or Filipino food.

Bryce went to the Philippines on his mission and brought back his love for the food.  One of my favorite meals is one that he makes called Pino a po minok, translated into the sitting chicken.  It's a whole chicken cooked in sprite with onions, garlic and ginger.  It takes 3-5 hours to make depending on the day and you eat it over a bed of rice.  Our tradition is to eat it like they do in the Philippines, without utencils and just your hands.  We love it.  The picture is of our new found favorite Filipino food truck.  He is parked just 15 minutes away and we go there just about once a week if not more :)  The food is so good and on a long day it's nice to just run over there and have a little chat with our food truck man and bring home our favorite food.

Swig

This has become my mommy addiction.  Again I am here at least once a week but usually and more and the top picture is basically what my order looks like.  A Raspberry Dream for me, sugar cookie and chocolate chip cookie to share with the kids.  It's yummy and the perfect treat on the long days and really make me feel happy that I have this little guilty pleasure just down the street.

Chocolate

This was and always has been my number one comfort food.  I love chocolate, all kinds of chocolate and if I don't have any in my house, it's a problem for me.  I used to eat a lot more of it, but lately I'm good with a little bit after the kids go to bed as my little treat as I sit down for two seconds for myself.  

Yes, my food is not the healthiest foods by all means, but comfort food doesn't have to be.  I try hard the rest of the time to do better with my eating, but with three kids and me still trying to figure out how to be a mom of 3 these things are definitely a helpful thing that make me a little more sane.  


No comments:

Post a Comment