Monday, January 26, 2015

Not quite the post I was hoping for, but it's an update

I haven't made an update yet since starting on my new journey.  I want to start with I am so happy I did start it and have found that I really enjoy running.  I love getting out and not having to think, just going and clearing my mind.  My sweet dog Hobbs comes with me, he loves it as well.  He does end up getting pretty tired near the end, but he gets so excited every morning when I go downstairs and get my shoes on.
I started pretty slow, and am continuing to work up to getting quicker, but my first week in I ran 4 miles in one day.  I was so proud of myself, and my goal is to do that same 4 miles in better time some day.

Here's a picture of Hobbs and I after our 4 mile run:

Now, for week 2, I only got through the first 3 days, then I got hit with a cold :(  I haven't been out for 5 days and I'm missing it.  On top of it all, my knee has started hurting and I don't know if it's just body pains from the cold or something else.  I'm really hoping it's nothing and that in 2 days I can be back out there.  I started feeling better today and want to take one more day before I get back out to make sure I don't overdo it and hurt my body and lungs.
So all in all, i'm enjoying it, I'm missing it, and hope my next update is a better one.

The healthy eating thing is also going okay.  We have been eating more veggies and fruit, and I'm planning better meals.  It's slowly happening, but I think that's going to be best for us.  We will get there and be the healthy, happy family we hope to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment